Attraction: Changing the Guard

One of the interesting attraction that you must see when you visit London is the ceremony of changing the guard.
Actually, I watched this attraction in coincidence. I was near Buckingham Palace when I saw people gathered around Buckingham Palace. At first, I hadn't a clue why those people gathered there. Then I asked my friend and she said that there would be a ceremony of changing the guard.

What is changing the guard
Changing the guard or Guard Mounting is the process involving a new guard exchanging duty with the old guard. The guard at Buckingham Palace usually called Queen's Guard. This ceremony usually held at Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle. The guard change at Buckingham Palace, is scheduled daily at 11.30 am. If you want the detail of the schedule you can visit here.

A little things you should know
  • Please...come early, so you can get the best position to watch and take photograph of the ceremony.
  • If the weather is very wet, changing the guard at Buckingham Palace will not take place
  • Always check the schedule of changing the guard. From April to July, the ceremony will held daily, but from August to April, the guard change is held every other day.
How can I get there
By underground. The nearest underground is Victoria Station and Green Park.

0 komentar: