The Oma-Opa House


In Lasem, there is one district called Desa Karangturi, a unique district with so many china traditional house in there. I guess, the term "Lasem, le petit chinois" was generated one because of the existence of this area.

That afternoon, Pop took me to this area. After our heritage trail, he intended to bring me to the one of traditional china house that still inhabitate. "You should see the traditional china house that still inhabitate. In that house, you can see their old interior. That house is original. The owner never renovate it," Pop explained it to me.

When we entered Karangturi, the chinesse atmosphere is in the air. We can see houses with wooden gate  and the wall that covering the house. So it difficult for us to see the house facade. This area is very quiet. Probably because most people who lived here are old people.
Pop stopped his motorcycle in front of the house with blue wooden gate. There is a chinesse letters engrave on the gate. The old man approached us. Pop greets him. The old man age is about 85. He can't walk normally because of his hunchback. He let me to see and walk around the house.

His house is big. The facade is made from wood and so does the floor. This house has a high ceiling. When I entered the house, I saw bats. They lived in the ceiling. Pop was right. The interior of the house is old. Maybe older than the owner.

The house itself actually is very unique. Although it's china traditional house, but it might still adopt a bit of java traditional house. The concept of Gladag house (a house that slightly elevated from the ground with wooden floor) reminds me of Kudus traditionsl house.

My favorite part from this house is the dwell area. Me, Pop, and Opa chat there. Talking about the house and Opa's life. Until 2 hours later. It's 5.30 pm. From his gesture, I know that Opa was no longer comfortable with our presence. So, we decided to go home.







0 komentar: