Travel Destination: Singapore Art Museum

There is one specific reason why I'm so interest in SAM....Singapore Art Museum. The reason is....I love the building with its colonial style. And that eye catching building in the middle of modern buildings makes me want to visiting it. Okay...at first I just want to take some pics of it. But after that, my couriousity about this place, about what happen inside, can't stop my willing to come in and explore this museum.

Luckily, there is an exhibition from Korean painter when I was there. The lady at the front desk convinced me that I won't ever regret seeing that exhibition. So... With only S$ 10 for a day *yesss!!! You can use the ticket for multiple entry in a day!!*...here I am, standing in an exhibition room and admiring great paintings.

So...I won't tell about the exhibition cause I already told you here. I just want to tell you a story abou SAM itself. Singapore Art Museum is located at Bras Basah Rd. Right in front of Bras Basah MRT station exit. This building was a school in the past, and has restorated become a museum.

According to the guide, this museum is for Singaporean and Souteast Asian modern and contemporary art. Many works of Singaporean and Southeast Asian artists has been exhibited here. So, always check the exhibition schedule at their website if you want to know what exhibition is held there.

The interesting part of this museum...or...should I say gallery...is the existence of the chapel. There is a large window that made of unique material. Unlike others, this window has a texturize surface. When I saw it from a far, I thought it has a smooth and plain surface just like other windows chapel. But when I touched it I realize that I was wrong

Friday is excellent for ladies to visit here because it's ladies day so all ladies are free to come

So.. For the contemporary art lovers and architecture lovers, this place is great for you.

0 komentar: